Best Practices

Latest Posts

• Hey Diego, You can accomplish this by using Conditional Logic and ReadOnly Required questions (if you need to completely stop a submission if the date is in the future) What you can do is create a hidden date/time field that defaults at Page Start. ...

• Hi Diego, there are a couple of workarounds that can help you achieve this: 1. You can opt to use conditional logic to validate the date instead of applying validation on the question itself. So, add two date selector questions in the form, say ...

• Prontoforms has the range validation NONE, IN THE PAST and IN THE FUTURE. If we add the range validation IN THE PAST, the user cannot select TODAY as date. This is not good for our business. Today we work with range validation NONE and our ...

1 person recommends this.
  • In the past 3+ years, I have worked very closely with ProntoForms customers on their different use cases and how they get familiar with using ProntoForms. In that time, I have learned a lot about best practices and wanted to share the top 3 that I have ...

6 people recommend this.
  • One other common area we see regex being used is for things like serial/model number input validation. So if we know that a piece of equipment will have a serial number that should be 2 characters followed by a hyphen and 5 numbers (ex. SN-12345), we ...

2 people recommend this.
  • The most common usage I see in forms is restricting the number of characters that can be input into a text field. Can be important when dealing with integrations into other systems. Some data destinations also have limits of how many characters can be ...

4 people recommend this.
  • I have dealt with Regex before in other applications (primarily Python) but haven't found a use for it yet in Pronto. ------------------------------ Scott Gilleland Senior Field Service Engineer Messer Cutting Systems ------------------------------

1 person recommends this.
  • I wish I had known this a while ago. I'll have to redo one of my forms to include this conversion. ------------------------------ Scott Gilleland Senior Field Service Engineer Messer Cutting Systems ------------------------------

• Duration fields can be used to capture how long was spent doing a task, you can also calculate the duration between 2 date/time questions. There is sometimes a need to change the format of a duration question from it's default (hh:mm) to a decimal format. ...

4 people recommend this.
  • There are many times where you want the user to stop and think about the answer they just put in and sometimes, completely block them from submitting the form should that answer be way in left field. The best and most simple way to accomplish blocking ...

4 people recommend this.

Top Group Members