Best Practices

View Only

Latest Posts

• Thanks Ian, this has helped me with a automated manager dispatch workflow based on the submitters related manager. A caveat to mention if you are using external sources: The username (in my case email address) in all lookups to the external data needs ...

• Another great method, thanks Ian, it defienately helps having a forum to discuss these things! I will comment my findings (hiccups) on that post. ------------------------------ Heath 🦘 ------------------------------

• Hello Heath,  Just to make sure that I understand before I dive into this one.  You have a datasource that has all your users usernames and names listed out with their Managers Email in a different column. Once the user hits their name in ATONameTest ...

1 person likes this.
  • I have done this method you suggest, it wasn't as complex as setting up another duplicated read-only form 😊 This will help greatly going forward (maybe not all cases, but majority) But another part to a simplifed process is, I'm trying to setup the ...

• Power Automate - Pull in all forms into a MS List Something that I have been playing around with more and more is the ability to make API calls from Power Automate. Going to start off by saying that this solution is not scalable in any way shape or ...

• Hi Everyone With the introduction of the SharePoint list data destination now able to natively handle repeatable sections , I wanted to give some tips to help you transition from a regular type of destination to a repeatable type.  1 - Leveraging ...

1 person likes this.
  • Hi Heath While we can't make signature fields read only with conditional logic, you can still use the single form dispatch method to do this if we think about it a different way. My question to you, does the approver need to SEE the signature, or ...

1 person likes this.
  • It's great to see these methods and ideas availble in the community, we already use this method with trainer lead assessments. The inital form is filled out marked by the trainer for the employee. The trainer selects the Employee via a MicrosoftGraph API ...

1 person likes this.
  • This is a great method! It saves time with error checking between duplicate forms. It's a shame we can't make signature fields dynamically read-only, seems we still have to use duplicate forms to do this, like in your Ep. 5 post . ------------------------------ ...

1 person likes this.
  • Summary: Here are the key takeaways/best practices I took from the many great responses received on this thread. It is apparent that you all have structured your FormSpaces in …. pretty much any which way you require ranging from the most basic, to complex. ...

1 person likes this.