General Discussion

View Only
  • 1.  Dispatch a draft state of a form

Adopter
    Posted 02-04-2022 11:44
    Hello Community members :)

I know this doesn't exist today, but I would really love to be able to dispatch a draft version of a form for testing purposes. I have created a new data destination that I need to test before making the form live (and potentially messing up real form submissions if not vetted first). The only way that I can test a draft version is to open the draft form through the Form folder in the app, but I have hidden required fields that are populated beforehand during the dispatch process that integrate the form into Salesforce. I would like to not have to remove my visibility settings from each hidden question in order to test, then hide them again before deploying the draft into a new version. If somewhere at the top it said draft or latest deployed version as a selection, that would make integration testing much easier! What do you think? Would others find this useful even if it wasn't for integration testing?

------------------------------
    Lisa Zido
    Technical Systems Analyst
    GOJO Industries Inc.

• 2.  RE: Dispatch a draft state of a form

Posted 02-04-2022 12:22

Hi Lisa

It sounds like you may be using Draft forms and Groups with Can Test permissions to test your forms, which is certainly one of the valid ways to do so but you may want to consider making a separate FormSpace for test forms and then you wouldn't need to leave it in Draft state. You can find some details on that here: https://docs.prontoforms.com/1374411/Content/Published/217499388_BestPracticesFormBuildingTestingDeployment.html?Highlight=best%20practices

Often times our customer will have a Test FormSpace that is linked to Test instances of their integrated systems, so the Test FormSpace points to a Test SharePoint list or something to that effect. You can also still point to your real systems but you will have a bit better control if you build separate Test and Production forms.

Did I understand your ask correctly?

Natalie Tallon
    Product Manager

Join our Community! / Get Help!

• 3.  RE: Dispatch a draft state of a form

Adopter
    Posted 02-07-2022 15:19
    Hi Natalie! Thank you for the information and reply. For some of our forms we do utilize our Demo FormSpace for testing and creation and it does work well for those. We have typically always made our updates to our heavily integrated forms live instead of copying them into the Demo FormSpace, but I think I will start utilizing that more often for some of the more thorough testing that I need to do. I think having both options would be great, but I'm not sure who all else would have a use case for draft dispatching :)

Lisa Zido
    Technical Systems Analyst
    GOJO Industries Inc.

Reminder: Content posted to our Community is public content.  Please be careful not to post Intellectual Property that you do not have permission to share.  For more information please refer to our Terms Of Use