General Discussion

View Only
  • 1.  Device Memory

Posted 04-26-2022 12:27

Hi all

We use a mix of Android and IOS devices in the field (depending on the role) and have noticed a couple of times recently we have had memory issues including "delete images to free up memory" followed by "not enough storage space to delete images" (appreciate not a ProntoForms issue). Is there an option within ProntoForms to be able to say to the system to use a built in SD card for example, rather than use system storage? This seems to be a problem for our cheaper Samsung phones.

Any tips? Android devices take me well out my comfort zone...

Thanks

Stephen

------------------------------
    Stephen Morrison
    Business Information and Performance Director
    BCA Insulation

• 2.  RE: Device Memory

Staff
    Posted 04-27-2022 23:20

Hi Stephen, I spoke with a couple of people in Engineering about this and was able to confirm that there is no option in ProntoForms to select the SD card over the phone's internal memory for storage. The best solution we can offer is to have you deselect the "Save photos captured in app to the device's camera roll" option in Image Options in the Mobile App Settings of the Form Builder if you are struggling with storage issues. It is very important to remember, however, that images will not be available after the form is submitted, as they aren't getting saved to the phone.  I've included a screen cap of the Settings screen in the form builder for where to find this option.

I hope this helps.

Pat Cooney
    Community Engineer
    ProntoForms
    community@prontoforms.com

Reminder: Content posted to our Community is public content.  Please be careful not to post Intellectual Property that you do not have permission to share.  For more information please refer to our Terms Of Use