General Discussion

View Only
  • 1.  Text box/Text Area default text suggestion

Adopter
    Posted 11-19-2021 11:06
    I would like to have the ability to edit the default text that appears in the app on a text box and text area. I know there is a way to set a default value to these fields, but I would like to alter where it says "tap to type answer". I am using the text areas in EX 1 below to show a definition depending on what Type is selected, therefore it is a locked field. They will not be taping to type an answer for these text areas. I would like to alter it to have custom defined default text, in this example I would say "Select a Type above to see the definition". If I enter this as a default value, the text is black like it was populated by the user, see EX 2 below. The light grey however implies user direction and is less busy. EX 2 works but isn't ideal so I just thought I would share this and see if anyone else has requested this or would find value in it.

Thanks!

Ex 1:

EX 2:

------------------------------
    Lisa Zido
    Technical Systems Analyst
    GOJO Industries Inc.

• 2.  RE: Text box/Text Area default text suggestion

Staff
    Posted 11-19-2021 16:37
    Hi Lisa,

I've submitted a feature request on your behalf to cover this.  At this time, the only workaround I can think of is the one you're already doing, setting the default text for the fields you want to change.

Pat

Pat Cooney
    Community Engineer
    ProntoForms
    community@prontoforms.com

• 3.  RE: Text box/Text Area default text suggestion

Adopter
    Posted 11-22-2021 10:19
    Thank you Pat!! I appreciate it!

Lisa Zido
    Technical Systems Analyst
    GOJO Industries Inc.

Reminder: Content posted to our Community is public content.  Please be careful not to post Intellectual Property that you do not have permission to share.  For more information please refer to our Terms Of Use