General Discussion

View Only
  • 1.  Feature Suggestion: Custom Email Notification at Dispatch

Adopter
    Posted 05-18-2022 13:10
    Hello fellow Prontonians :)

My feature suggestion for the day is for custom dispatch notifications. I know there are the standard push notification that goes out about new items in the inbox, but it would be awesome to have options to send out a custom email when a form is dispatched.

Use Case: We have audit forms that get bulk dispatched to users every 3 months, and some of these users are not in ProntoForms day in and day out like our others. Our team managers will typically email their group saying it is time for audits and that they should have forms for these in their inbox. A way to automate this step would be great, that way once the dispatch goes out it could email the users at the same time with a custom body/subject, and no one needs to be manually told about this specific form needing completed. Thoughts?

------------------------------
    Lisa Zido
    Technical Systems Analyst
    GOJO Industries Inc.

• 2.  RE: Feature Suggestion: Custom Email Notification at Dispatch

Staff
    Posted 05-20-2022 10:58
    Edited by Stu Rathbone 05-20-2022 11:42

Could you use a Customer Feedback Form (CFF)?
    This is just an idea and may need to be tweaked depending on your use case/workflow and I will put a disclaimer here that I have not tried this, but in theory it could work.

1) Create a CFF with questions for the fields in the email that change (the variables such as Dates, Name of Form, or what ever.)

2) In the ProntoForms Web Portal, launch the form from the URL and fill out the details (answer the variable questions) and press send.
        This would send a copy of the customized email to all users in the destination.

Use DREL to pull the details from the form into the customized email.

Create an email destination(s) with the users you want to send the notification to.

These three documentation links if needed:

Email Data Destinations:
        https://docs.prontoforms.com/1374411/Content/Published/217500028_EmailDataDestination.html?Highlight=Email%20Data%20Destination
    DREL:
        https://docs.prontoforms.com/1374411/Content/Search.htm?q=DREL
    Customer Feedback Forms :
         https://docs.prontoforms.com/1374411/Content/Search.htm?q=Customer%20Feedback%20Forms

Meanwhile, we will log a Feature Request on your behalf.

Stu Rathbone
    Program Manager ~ Knowledge, Training & Enablement
    ProntoForms
    community@prontoforms.com

• 3.  RE: Feature Suggestion: Custom Email Notification at Dispatch

Adopter
    Posted 05-20-2022 14:33
    Hello Lisa

You have an excellent feature suggestion. As an FYI our Form Junction™ platform, as an extension to the power of ProntoForms has this capability today! Our advanced dispatching engine allows for prescheduled dispatches with notification to the individual end-user. We also have advanced server-level conditional logic that will only dispatch a ProntoForm, tomorrow or six months from now if a defined list of conditions is met.

Contact the MobileSurety team for a full demo of Form Junction.

Thank you

Celso Maiolo

• 4.  RE: Feature Suggestion: Custom Email Notification at Dispatch

Staff
    Posted 05-24-2022 09:42
    Hi Lisa, Just letting you know we have logged a Feature Request on your behalf for this.

Stu Rathbone
    Program Manager ~ Knowledge, Training & Enablement
    ProntoForms
    community@prontoforms.com

• 5.  RE: Feature Suggestion: Custom Email Notification at Dispatch

Adopter
    Posted 05-24-2022 14:08
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Stu I do like the idea of using a customer feedback form, I will need to play around with that in testing. Also thank you for logging that feature request!

Lisa Zido
    Technical Systems Analyst
    GOJO Industries Inc.
    OH

Reminder: Content posted to our Community is public content.  Please be careful not to post Intellectual Property that you do not have permission to share.  For more information please refer to our Terms Of Use