New To ProntoForms

View Only
  • 1.  Use 911 location for file name

Posted 02-25-2022 11:37

I am interested in using the location for the filename. Specifically, I am creating a Site Survey form where an engineer will fill out a form with survey results, images, schematics, etc... And for ease of future reference I need the file name to be the actuall 911 service address. How do I accomplish this goal?

Thank you,

Todd

------------------------------
    Todd Garthaffner
    Network Manager
    Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom

• 2.  RE: Use 911 location for file name
    Best Answer

Posted 02-25-2022 12:40

Hi Todd

Is the 911 Service Address one of the fields in the form that the field worker fills out? Or do you already have it somewhere in your own systems where it could be pulled into a data source? Our system can determine location using a geolocation question type, but the field user must have allowed location services to the ProntoForms App and it may not give you the exact address you seek.
    More information on the Question Type: Geolocation.

Once you have the information you want in a field on your form, you can use our naming functionality to change the name of the filename.

You may also want to consider Data Record Naming, which we have a recipe for here:  Customize Dispatched, Saved, and Submitted Form Names with Data Record Naming.

Natalie Tallon
    Product Manager

Join our Community! / Get Help!

• 3.  RE: Use 911 location for file name

Posted 02-28-2022 11:14

I had changed the DREL for the form on the Data Record Naming thinking that was all I had to do. Thanks to your guidance I saw that I needed to change it on the .PDF file name.

Thank you for your guidance.

Todd

Todd Garthaffner
    Network Manager
    Waitsfield and Champlain Valley Telecom

• 4.  RE: Use 911 location for file name

Posted 02-28-2022 11:17

Great! Glad to help.

Natalie Tallon
    Product Manager

Join our Community! / Get Help!

Reminder: Content posted to our Community is public content.  Please be careful not to post Intellectual Property that you do not have permission to share.  For more information please refer to our Terms Of Use