General Discussion

View Only
  • 1.  Conditional Logic Driven by an Email Address

Adopter
    Posted 07-15-2022 11:40
    I have a customer whose management team has someone they would like to be copied on any form that we complete for their company.  We do not want to start creating customer-specific destination files.  But I was thinking, what if the ProntoForm could evaluate an address field, and if it ends in "@WXYZ.com" then we could also copy "ABCD@WXYZ.com" using conditional logic in some way?

This applied to both regular forms, and Customer Feedback Forms that we send out to assess site readiness before commissioning.

It this available?

------------------------------
    Brian Dowler
    Vice President, Customer Care
    Conair Group
    PA

• 2.  RE: Conditional Logic Driven by an Email Address

Posted 07-18-2022 09:10

Hello Brian,

Depending on the number of different emails that you might want to use, you would be able to use the "contains" evaluator in the Conditional Logic rules. If the list of domains that you might want to send to is not that big, if you push the email into a text field then use Conditional Logic to say:

If [email address] contains @WXYZ.COM
    Then [additional email field] is set to ABCD@WXYZ.COM

Create 1 rule per domain that you might need to deliver to. Then you can include [additional email field] in your email destination. I would also suggest to use a datasource to control this but that would not work inside a Customer Feedback form so will need to rely on Conditional Logic to set those.

Hope this helps!

Ian Chamberlain
    Solutions Architect
    ProntoForms

• 3.  RE: Conditional Logic Driven by an Email Address

Adopter
    Posted 07-18-2022 11:39
    I like it.  We will set up a test form and try it out.  Appreciate that!

Brian Dowler
    Conair Group
    PA

• 4.  RE: Conditional Logic Driven by an Email Address

Adopter
    Posted 07-21-2022 06:52

Ian, my Service manager is trying to implement this - but is getting the error as shown in the attached image. "The data type of reference question 'Contact Email" is not compatible with first comparison value '@logoplaste.com'.

Would you be willing to join him for a quick Teams call to help resolve this?

Brian Dowler
    Conair Group
    PA

• 5.  RE: Conditional Logic Driven by an Email Address

Posted 07-21-2022 11:48

Hello, 

Ahh yes, that slipped my mind. In order to be able to evaluate the email, the field that you are looking at will need to be a text field of data type of Text and not Email.

If the text field is an email, we can't evaluate it with a non-valid email address (XYZ.com is not a valid email address). There might be some extra conditional logic that is required to push the final email from a text field into an email field if it's being used as a source for a destination.

I hope that helps and apologies for the confusion about the Conditional Logic rule!

Thank you

Ian Chamberlain
    Solutions Architect
    ProntoForms

• 6.  RE: Conditional Logic Driven by an Email Address

Adopter
    Posted 07-21-2022 11:56
    So... if we copied an email from a text field with data type EMAIL into another field with text data type TEXT, can we then use conditional logic on that field to look at whether it contains "ABC.com"?  And if so send an email?

Brian Dowler
    Conair Group
    PA

Reminder: Content posted to our Community is public content.  Please be careful not to post Intellectual Property that you do not have permission to share.  For more information please refer to our Terms Of Use